Mike is the Principal Physiotherapist at Bodysmart and?has a diverse set of experience in the treatment of neck, back and shoulder pain, post operative rehabilitation, sporting injuries and ergonomics. Mike also manages a range of Corporate Health Programs and runs customised Manual Handling training across the state.??
Key Qualifications and Courses
- Bachelors Degree in Physiotherapy, Curtin University, 1998 (with Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Business, Curtin University
- Member of the APA, PBA and Occupational Physiotherapy Special Interest Group
- HFESA Member – Undergoing certification to become a CPE
- Dry Needling Advanced Upper and Lower Quadrant
- Functional Strength Training (Kinetic Link Training)
- Ridgway Method Level 1
- Mulligan’s Technique
- Extensive ergonomics training
Key Areas of Experience and Interest
- Ergonomic Consultancy – Design and Audit of new office work-spaces
- Corporate Health program implementation and management
- Customised Manual Handling Training
- Evaluation of Ergonomic Equipment (e.g. desks, seating)
- Health and Wellness Seminars
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Functional Strength Training
- Lower Back and Neck pain
- Post operative Rehabilitation
- Dry Needling
Personal Interests and Achievements
Mike loves to spend his free time at the beach with his family.? He is an advanced kite-surfer and enjoys surfing and cycling.
Mike has two young children, Jett and Ella.
Favourite Quote or Ethos
Persistence and focus is the key to success in anything that you do.